Harrison Township School District Explorers
The Harrison Twp School District has a 21st Century approach to World Languages Education.
- The digital platform, Duolingo, is utilized for students to select a language of their choice (Spanish, German, French) and learn a new language at their pace in school and at home.
- The Cultural Committee was formed to provide students with experiences beyond our walls and community.
New Jersey citizens are part of a dynamic, interconnected, and technologically driven global society centered on the creation and communication of knowledge and ideas across geographical, cultural, and linguistic borders.
Individuals who effectively communicate in more than one language, with an appropriate understanding of cultural contexts, are globally literate and possess the attributes reflected in the mission and vision for world languages education that follow:
Mission: The study of another language and culture enables individuals, whether functioning as citizens or workers, to communicate face-to-face and by virtual means in appropriate ways with people from diverse cultures.
Vision: An education in world languages fosters a population that:
- Communicates in more than one language with the levels of language proficiency that are required to function in a variety of occupations and careers in the contemporary workplace.
- Exhibits attitudes, values, and skills that indicate a positive disposition and understanding of cultural differences and that enhance cross-cultural communication.
- Values language learning as a global literacy as well as for its long-term worth in fostering personal, work-related, and/or financial success in our increasingly interconnected world.